- Channeled adolescent teasing over her ethnicity into a successful tryout for A Chorus Line, jump-starting her early career in theater.
- Caught her Hollywood break after an ad-libbed role in Cadillac Man led to a Tonight Show appearance that caught the eye of Cheech Marin, who cast her in a pilot.
- Credits her dog's nervous behavior for her timely purchase of earthquake insurance two days before the 1994 California quake.
- Discovered she grew up in the same Illinois town as one of her late '90s neighbors, Curt, whom she married soon thereafter.
- Portrayed her grandmother and other relatives from her Chinese-American childhood in a one-woman comedy, 25 Psychics.
- Collaborated with her mother to publish The Bubble Gum Machine, a children's book focusing on lessons of diversity.
- Oliver Kaplan — Son
- Nancy Dare — Mother
- Curt Kaplan — Husband
- Glenn Lau-Kee — Ex-husband
- Chip Tom — Brother
- Chan Tom Jr. — Father
Season 4, Episode 19
- Birth Place: Highland Park, IL
- Birthday: August 4, 1961, Leo
- Profession: Actor, Voiceovers