- Sang backup with her famous siblings in the Jackson 5 before releasing a solo album—the fifth family member to do so—though the 1980 self-titled effort achieved only modest success.
- Was estranged from her family from the late-1980s to the mid-1990s, a period marked by several pictorials and a video for Playboy magazine, accusations of physical abuse against her father, a stint as a spokesperson for a psychic hotline and public pronouncements that charges of pedophilia against her brother Michael were true.
- Reconciliation with her family and divorce from Gordon in 1997 were described in 2011 memoir, Starting Over, which shares the title of her comeback album released on the same day.
- Katherine Jackson — Mother
- Joe Jackson — Father
- Jermaine Jackson — Brother
- Michael Jackson — Brother
- Jackie Jackson — Brother
- Marlon Jackson — Brother
- Prince Michael Jackson II — Nephew
- Randy Jackson — Brother
- Jack Gordon — Ex-husband
- Jeffré Phillips — Fiancé
- Rebbie Jackson — Sister
- Tito Jackson — Brother
- Paris Jackson — Niece
- Janet Jackson — Sister
- Prince Michael Jackson I — Nephew
- Birth Name: La Toya Yvonne Jackson
- Birth Place: Gary, Indiana, United States
- Profession: Singer, Actor, Model, Songwriter, Businesswoman
Trending TonightSee all »
Paul Wesley and Candice King reveal their favorite Stefan and Caroline moments of all time