- Named after Julie Christie's character in Doctor Zhivago.
- Grew up in Chicago, where she wrote and performed in local theater productions.
- Was diagnosed with dyslexia as a youth.
- Had a small part in 1986's Ferris Bueller's Day Off, but her scene was edited out.
- Moved to Los Angeles the day after her high-school graduation in 1988.
- Auditioned for the title role on Ally McBeal, but lost out to Calista Flockhart.
- Bought a Beverly Hills home that was originally servants' quarters at Pickfair, an estate owned by Mary Pickford and Douglas Fairbanks.
- Replaced Famke Janssen in the role of the villainous Serleena in 2002's Men in Black II.
- Supports AIDS charities and once posed nude for the picture book 4 Inches, which benefited the Elton John AIDS Foundation.
- 1994, Independent Spirit Awards — Best Supporting Female: Nominee
- 1998, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 1999, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 2000, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 1999, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Nominee
- John Patrick Dee — Ex-husband
- Sally Boyle — Mother
- Jack Nicholson — Ex-significant Other
- Donald Ray Thomas — Husband
- Birth Name: Lara Flynn Boyle
- Birth Place: Davenport, IA
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
He demonstrates the bukkehorn, the tagelharpa and the lyre