- At 17 she was accepted (early admission) to NYU's Tisch School of the Arts, where she studied art.
- Was signed to the Def Jam record label when she was 19, but was dropped soon after.
- Rap star Akon signed her to his label with Interscope records, and by the time she was 20 she had a record deal.
- Has written songs for Britney Spears, the Pussycat Dolls, New Kids on the Block and Fergie.
- She took her stage name from Queen's song "Radio Ga Ga."
- Her debut single, "Just Dance," was released in 2008, followed by her full-length debut album, The Fame, in August of that year. It earned critical acclaim and sold more than a million copies.
- Many of her eye-catching outfits are manufactured by stylists and set designers known as the Haus of Gaga.
- Recorded an album of jazz standards with Tony Bennett, called Cheek to Cheek, in 2014.
- Founded the Born This Way Foundation, a non-profit that focuses on the wellness of young people.
- 2014, Grammy — Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album: Winner
- 2010, People's Choice Awards — Favorite Breakout Music Artist: Winner
- 2011, Emmy — Outstanding Variety, Music or Comedy Special: Nominee
- 2009, Grammy — Best Electronic/Dance Album: Winner
- 2010, Grammy — Best Short Form Music Video: Winner
- 2015, Oscar — Best Achievement in Music (Original Song): Nominee
- 2016, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Limited Series or Motion Picture Made for Television: Winner
- 2012, Critics' Choice Movie Awards — Best Song: Nominee
- 2015, Emmy — Outstanding Variety Special: Nominee
- 2010, People's Choice Awards — Favorite Pop Artist: Winner
- 2009, Grammy — Best Dance Recording: Winner
- 2010, Grammy — Best Female Pop Vocal Performance: Winner
- 2012, People's Choice Awards — Favorite Album of the Year: Winner
- 2010, Grammy — Best Pop Vocal Album: Winner
- Cynthia Germanotta — Mother
- Joe Germanotta — Father
- Ronnie Bissett — Grandmother
- Taylor Kinney — Ex-fiancé
- Elijah Joseph Daniel Furnish-John — Godchild
- Paul Bisset — Grandfather
- Natali Germanotta — Sister
- Zachary Jackson Levon Furnish-John — Godchild
- Luc Carl — Ex-significant Other
- Attended New York University, Tisch School of the Arts, New York, New York, United States
- Birth Name: Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta
- Birth Place: New York, New York, United States
- Profession: Singer, Songwriter
Trending TonightSee all »
Could Roanoke's newest character be related to Myrtle Snow?