Kurt Busch Celebrity
- Aspired to becoming a pharmacist and opening a chain of drugstores before turning to stock-car racing on a full-time basis.
- Broke into NASCAR by winning four races in the 2000 Craftsman Truck Series, garnering Rookie of the Year honors. Busch then won four times in the Winston Cup Series in 2002, but was an unpopular driver to many fans.
- Feuded with veteran Jimmy Spencer after a series of on-track incidents between the two drivers during the early 2000s, punctuated by his calling Spencer a "decrepit old has-been."
- Captured the prestigious Nextel Cup Series championship in 2004, the first year of the 10-race Chase "playoff" format, by scoring top-10 finishes in nine of the 10 Chase races.
- Won five times in his first 11 Cup Series starts at Bristol Motor Speedway in Tennessee.
- Named No. 3 on GQ Magazine's list of The Ten Most Hated Athletes in February 2006, trailing only Terrell Owens and Barry Bonds.
- Switched from the Jack Roush-owned No. 97 Ford to the No. 2 Dodge in 2006, taking over the Roger Penske-owned car made famous by Rusty Wallace. Busch then began driving Penske's No. 22 Dodge in 2011.
- Drove to just the seventh sweep of Charlotte Motor Speedway's two spring NASCAR events in 2010, the $1 million All-Star Race and the Coca-Cola 600.
- Tom Busch — Father
- Eva Bryan — Wife
- Kyle Busch — Brother
- Gaye Busch — Mother
- Al Busch — Grandfather
- Attended University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
Trending TonightSee all »
- Usually ships in 1-2 business days Buy New: $2.99 (as of 3:02 AM UTC - more info)
By Beachbody Inc.,Usually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $72.80 (as of 3:02 AM UTC - more info)
By 20th Century FoxUsually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $34.99 (as of 3:02 AM UTC - more info)