- Is the youngest of four brothers.
- Has a rich background in theater that includes Ragtime Revue at Lincoln Center, Long Day's Journey Into Night at Roundabout Theater, Bread and Butter at Provincetown Playhouse and Richard III at the Stella Adler Conservatory.
- Portrayed John F. Kennedy Jr. in the 2003 made-for-cable movie America's Prince: The John F. Kennedy Jr. Story.
- Wife Julianne Morris gave birth to their first son in 2004 in Hawaii, where the actor was filming the TV series North Shore.
- Completed the Honolulu Marathon in 2004.
- Has admitted to being a paternal person and protective of Britt Robertson, who portrayed his on-screen daughter on The CW series Life Unexpected.
- Esther Polaha — Mother
- Erik Polaha — Brother
- Kristoffer Caleb Polaha — Son
- John Polaha — Brother
- Jude Polaha — Son
- Micah Polaha — Son
- Jerome Polaha — Father
- Julianne Morris — Wife
- Michael — Brother
- New York University, Tisch School of the Arts, New York, NY (1999)
Season 2, Episode 10
- Birth Place: Reno, NV
- Birthday: February 18, 1977,
- Profession: Actor