Few actors are lucky enough to have one hit TV series, but Kreuk had the good fortune — and the talent — to land two, both filmed in her hometown of Vancouver. This raven-haired beauty got her start in 2000 while still a high-school senior, when she responded to a casting call for the Canadian teen soap Edgemont. The very next year, she became a superstar on Smallville. Her good looks and easygoing sophistication kept her in demand, and somehow Kreuk managed to film both shows simultaneously, until 2005 when Edgemont ended. She continued to star in Smallville until 2009, when Kreuk decided that she was interested in moving on to new projects after eight seasons of portraying character Lana Lang. Since then, she's starred as the title character in the video-game adaptation Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li and made guest appearances on the NBC series Chuck. Off screen, Kreuk is one of the cocreators of the Web site GirlsByDesign.com, which helps teenage girls collaborate on projects and build self-esteem.
- Father is Dutch and mother is Chinese-Indonesian.
- Studied karate for five years.
- Landed a role in the Canadian teen drama Edgemont when her high-school drama teacher suggested she respond to a casting call.
- Simultaneously worked on Edgemont and Smallville, both of which filmed in her hometown of Vancouver.
- Became a spokeswoman for Neutrogena in 2002.
- Cocreated a social-networking Web site called GirlsByDesign.com, which helps teenage girls collaborate on projects and build self-esteem.
- 2014, People's Choice Awards — Favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy TV Actress: Winner
- 2015, People's Choice Awards — Favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy TV Actress: Winner
- Mark Hildreth — Significant Other
- Justine Kreuk — Sister
- Peter Kreuk — Father
- Deanna Che — Mother
- Birth Name: Kristin Laura Kreuk
- Birth Place: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Profession: Actor, Model