- Runner-up in the 1991 Miss Oklahoma pageant.
- Won a scholarship to Philadelphia's prestigious Academy of Vocal Arts, but turned it down two weeks before attending to pursue a career in musical theater in New York.
- Made her 1997 Broadway debut in the Kander and Ebb musical Steel Pier.
- Appears on numerous cast recordings and has released solo albums including Let Yourself Go, As I Am and A Lovely Way to Spend Christmas.
- Has appeared on Sesame Street as Elmo's friend Ms. Noodle.
- Originated the role of Glinda in the Broadway musical Wicked in 2003.
- Published the 2009 autobiography A Little Bit Wicked: Life, Love and Faith in Stages.
- Publicly defended her Promises, Promises costar Sean Hayes when he was targeted in a 2010 Newsweek article that stated gay actors are often unconvincing playing straight roles.
- 2015, Tony — Actress (Musical): Nominee
- 2009, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series: Winner
- 2010, Emmy — Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 2004, Tony — Actress (Musical): Nominee
- 1999, Tony — Actress (Featured Role--Musical): Winner
- 2008, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 2004, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 2005, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 2011, Emmy — Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 2016, Emmy — Outstanding Special Class Program: Nominee
- Jerry Chenoweth — Father
- Junie Chenoweth — Mother
- Dana Brunetti — Ex-significant Other
- Marc Kudisch — Ex-fiancé
- Mark Chenoweth — Brother
- Aaron Sorkin — Ex-significant Other
- Charlie McDowell — Ex-significant Other
- Oklahoma City University, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States (BFA in Vocal Arts; MFA in Opera Performance)
- Birth Name: Kristi Dawn Chenoweth
- Birth Place: Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, United States
- Profession: Actor, Singer
Trending TonightSee all »
TVGuide.com editors break down theories about what's coming up on The Walking Dead