- At the 43rd Drama Desk Awards (1996-97), he earned a nomination for Outstanding Featured Actor in a Play for his role as Crow in Tooth of Crime (Second Dance).
- For portraying troubled inmate Miguel Alvarez on the HBO prison drama Oz, he earned four ALMA nominations: three for Outstanding Actor in a Drama Series (1998-2000) and one for Outstanding Actor in a Television Series (2001).
- Won an ALMA Award for Outstanding Actor in a Supporting Role in a Feature Film for The Thin Red Line (1998).
- Following Oz, he was offered an audition for another TV show, but no script was available---his manager only had a rough outline of "people on an island"---so he wound up turning down the chance at a part on ABC's Lost.
- Reunited with Oz costar Lance Reddick on Fringe.
- Richard Acevedo — Brother
- Misti Traya — Stepdaughter
- Kiersten Warren — Wife
- Scarlett Acevedo — Daughter
- Purchase College, State University of New York, Purchase, NY (BFA)
Season 3, Episode 6
- Birth Place: New York, NY
- Birthday: November 27, 1971, Sagittarius
- Profession: Actor