- Ancestry is a mixture of Swedish, German and Cherokee Indian.
- Competed in the Junior Miss Athens pageant in 1971; crowned Georgia's Miss Breck that same year.
- Signed to a modeling contract by fashion mogul Eileen Ford in the early 1970s.
- Appeared in ad campaigns for Breck, Maybelline, Clairol and Revlon.
- Posed for Playboy magazine in 1983.
- In 1989, bought the town of Braselton, GA, with a group of investors.
- Met future husband Alec Baldwin on the set of 1991's The Marrying Man; they were wed from 1993 to 2002. They later engaged in a very public battle over custody of their daughter, Ireland.
- Is an animal-rights activist and vegetarian.
- 1997, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- 1998, BAFTA Film Awards — Best Actress in a Leading Role: Nominee
- 1998, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture: Winner
- 1997, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role: Winner
- 1997, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role: Winner
- 1985, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- Mick Basinger — Brother
- Ron Snyder-Britton — Ex-husband
- Ann Basinger — Mother
- Alec Baldwin — Ex-husband
- Skip Basinger — Brother
- Ireland Baldwin — Daughter
- Don Basinger — Father
- Ashley Basinger — Sister
- Barbara — Sister
- Attended University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia, United States; attended the Neighborhood Playhouse School of the Theater, New York, New York, United States
- Birth Name: Kimila Ann Basinger
- Birth Place: Athens, Georgia, United States
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
Not the White House Correspondents' Dinner, American Gods and more