Kim Basinger Celebrity Watchlist
- Ancestry is a mixture of Swedish, German and Cherokee Indian.
- Competed in the Junior Miss Athens pageant in 1971; crowned Georgia's Miss Breck that same year.
- Signed to a modeling contract by fashion mogul Eileen Ford in the early 1970s.
- Appeared in ad campaigns for Breck, Maybelline, Clairol and Revlon.
- Posed for Playboy magazine in 1983.
- In 1989, bought the town of Braselton, GA, with a group of investors.
- Met future husband Alec Baldwin on the set of 1991's The Marrying Man; they were wed from 1993 to 2002. They later engaged in a very public battle over custody of their daughter, Ireland.
- Is an animal-rights activist and vegetarian.
- 1997, BAFTA Film Awards — Best Actress in a Leading Role: Nominee
- 1997, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role: Winner
- 1985, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- 1997, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- 1997, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role: Winner
- 1998, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture: Winner
- Don Basinger — Father
- Skip Basinger — Brother
- Ireland Baldwin — Daughter
- Ashley Basinger — Sister
- Barbara — Sister
- Mick Basinger — Brother
- Ron Snyder-Britton — Ex-husband
- Ann Basinger — Mother
- Alec Baldwin — Ex-husband
- Attended University of Georgia, Athens, GA; attended the Neighborhood Playhouse School of the Theater, New York, NY
Trending TonightSee all »
My Stepmother Is An Alien starring Dan Aykroyd and Kim Basinger / Little Secrets starring Evan Rachel Wood and Vivica A. FoxBuy New: $7.98
By Charlie RoseBuy New: $24.95
- Buy New: $19.95
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 3. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. American Idol: Top 9 Perform
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage
- 7. Pretty Little Liars: EscApe from New York