Kerr Smith Celebrity Watchlist
Boyishly handsome and strikingly youthful, Smith was already 26 when he became a teen idol---and gay icon---on Dawson's Creek, playing an adolescent grappling with his sexual orientation. During his tenure, Smith played two more gay roles in the indie flic… (more)
Birth Name: Kerr Van Cleve Smith
Birth Place: Exton, PA
Birthday: March 9, 1972, Pisces
Boyishly handsome and strikingly youthful, Smith was already 26 when he became a teen idol---and gay icon---on Dawson's Creek, playing an adolescent grappling with his sexual orientation. During his tenure, Smith played two more gay roles in the indie flicks The Broken Hearts Club and Hit and Runway. But the actor (who happens to be straight) was more worried about being typecast as a teen than as a homosexual. In the '00s, he graduated to bona fide adult parts, with a recurring romantic role on Charmed (funny, considering he is often mistaken for Julian McMahon, who came to prominence on that series). Smith also continued to make sporadic appearances on the big screen, primarily in horror flicks like the original Final Destination and the 2009 remake of My Bloody Valentine. Following stints on the short-lived crime dramas E-Ring and Justice, he returned to his teen-oriented comfort zone, starring on the acclaimed CW series Life Unexpected.
- First name, Kerr, is his grandmother's maiden name.
- Made his big-screen debut in 1995, when he and his mother were extras in Terry Gilliam's 12 Monkeys.
- First TV role was on the long-running daytime soap As the World Turns.
- Harmoni Everett — Wife (separated)
- Allison Smith — Sister
- Barbara Smith — Mother
- Rick Smith — Father
- University of Vermont, Burlington, VT (BS in Business Administration, 1994)
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage
- 6. American Idol: Top 9 Perform
- 7. Neighbors With Benefits: Welcome To The Neighborhood