- Met his wife while both were acting in a New Hampshire production of A Streetcar Named Desire.
- Spent part of his childhood in Chile, where his father served as the deputy director of the Peace Corps.
- Befriended thirtysomething producer Marshall Herskovitz when his son and Herskovitz's daughter became playmates at their preschool.
- His numerous directorial credits include Fox's inaugural made-for-TV movie Doing Time on Maple Drive (1992), featuring the dramatic debut of Jim Carrey.
- In 2011, starred in F2M, a play written by his wife, Patricia Wettig, that was presented as part of the Powerhouse Theater season at Vassar College in Poughkeepsie, N.Y.
- ABC drama Brothers & Sisters (2006-2011) was a family affair for Olin (executive producer and occasional actor), Wettig (star) and their children, Cliff (staff writer) and Roxy (recurring role).
- 1990, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Drama: Nominee
- Cliff Olin — Son
- Patricia Wettig — Wife
- Roxy Olin — Daughter
- University of Pennsylvania, Philadephia, PA
Season 8, Episode 14
- Birth Place: Chicago, IL
- Birthday: July 30, 1955, Leo
- Profession: Actor, Director, Producer
- User Rating:
- Your Rating: