- Was the only white starter his senior year on the Manhasset High School basketball team.
- Sang in an a capella group called the Zumbyes at Amherst College.
- Once married to advice columnist Ann Landers' daughter, Margo.
- On Broadway, played a gym teacher at a Catholic boys' school in Child's Play; on TV, played a gym teacher-basketball coach on The White Shadow.
- Taught Acting and Oral Argument at Harvard in 1986.
- Has appeared on ESPN promos with Byron Stewart, who costarred as Coolidge on The White Shadow.
- Had a kidney transplant in 2000.
- Was elected president of the Screen Actor's Guild in 2009, and helped the union through its merger with the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists in 2012.
- 2009, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Miniseries or a Movie: Winner
- 1970, Tony — Actor, Supporting or Featured (Dramatic): Winner
- Margo Coleman Howard — Ex-wife
- Martha McDonald Carey — Mother
- Don Howard — Brother
- Linda Fetters — Wife
- Kenneth Joseph Howard Sr. — Father
- Louise Sorel — Ex-wife
- Amherst College, Amherst, Massachusetts, United States (1966); attended Yale University, School of Drama, New Haven, Connecticut, United States
- Birth Name: Kenneth Joseph Howard Jr.
- Birth Place: El Centro, California, United States
- Birthday: March 28, 1944, Aries
- Died: March 23, 2016
- Profession: Actor, Writer, Producer, Voiceover artist, College instructor, Restaurateur
Trending TonightSee all »
The Pretty Little Liars star and creator recall their wildest -- and sometimes incredilbly uncomfortable -- encounters with fans
By Emereo PublishingBuy New: $29.97