A handsome actress who got her start on Canadian television while still a teen, Rowan moved to Hollywood in 1990. Never at a loss for work, she starred in myriad TV-movies (many of them on Lifetime) and occasionally popped up on the big screen in small roles (Assassins, One Eight Seven). In the 2000s the prolific blonde finally made her mark on The O.C. as the Cohen clan's alcoholic matriarch. Rowan gave birth to a daughter in 2008 (the father is her former fiancé, media mogul David Thomson) and has continued to make guest appearances on shows such as CSI: Miami and Flashpoint.
- Studied acting at the British American Drama Academy in London and the Neighborhood Playhouse School of the Theatre in New York.
- Worked as a fashion model in New York.
- Won a Gemini Award, the Canadian equivalent of an Emmy, for her performance as a mysterious shipwreck survivor in the 1993 TV-movie Adrift.
- Was the executive producer and star of the 2006 Lifetime movie Eight Days to Live.
- Gave birth to a daughter on April 28, 2008.
- David Thomson — Ex-fiancé
- Attended University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
- Birth Place: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- Birthday: October 26, 1967, Scorpio
- Profession: Actor
- User Rating: