After making a splash in a high school production of The Ugly Duckling, Ripa took the leap as a dancer on Dance Party USA. Her big break came when she joined the cast of the daytime soap opera All My Children at age 20, in the role of Hayley Vaughan. During this time, Ripa dated her on-screen love interest, Mark Consuelos, and quietly eloped with him a year later. Toward the end of her 12-year run on the show, Ripa became the cohost of the morning talk show Live with Regis and Kelly in 2001. Two years later she landed her own prime-time sitcom, Hope & Faith, playing (what else?) a washed-up soap star. Ripa stayed with Live after Philbin retired in 2011, and new cohost Michael Strahan joined her for Live with Kelly and Michael.
- Was a featured dancer on the USA Network's Dance Party USA in the late 1980s.
- Joined the cast of the ABC soap opera All My Children in 1990.
- Eloped to Las Vegas with AMC castmate Mark Consuelos in 1996, and shared the Soap Opera Digest Award for Hottest Romance in with him 1998.
- Was nominated for three Daytime Emmys for her acting in All My Children.
- Became permanent co-host of Live with Regis and Kelly in 2001, succeeding Kathie Lee Gifford.
- Costarred with Faith Ford as sisters in the comedy Hope & Faith.
- Joaquin Consuelos — Son
- Lola Grace Consuelos — Daughter
- Michael Joseph Consuelos — Son
- Esther Ripa — Mother
- Mark Consuelos — Husband
- Joseph Ripa — Father
- Linda Ripa — Sister
- Attended Camden Community College, Camden, New Jersey, United States
- Birth Name: Kelly Maria Ripa
- Birth Place: Stratford, New Jersey, United States
- Profession: Actor, Talk-show host
Trending TonightSee all »
These former co-hosts don't keep in touch.