After making a splash in a high school production of The Ugly Duckling
, Ripa took the leap as a dancer on Dance Party USA
. Her big break came when she joined the cast of the daytime soap opera All My Children
at age 20, in the role of Hayley Vaughan. During this time, Ripa dated her on-screen love interest, Mark Consuelos, and quietly eloped with him a year later. Toward the end of her 12-year run on the show, Ripa became the cohost of the morning talk show Live with Regis & Kelly
in 2001. Two years later she landed her own prime-time sitcom, Hope & Faith
, playing (what else?) a washed-up soap star. Ripa continues to trade witty barbs most mornings with Regis Philbin.Kelly Ripa Fast Facts:
- Was a featured dancer on the USA Network's Dance Party USA in the late 1980s.
- Joined the cast of the ABC soap opera All My Children in 1990.
- Eloped to Las Vegas with AMC castmate Mark Consuelos in 1996, and shared the Soap Opera Digest Award for Hottest Romance in with him 1998.
- Was nominated for three Daytime Emmys for her acting in All My Children.
- Became permanent co-host of Live with Regis and Kelly in 2001, succeeding Kathie Lee Gifford.
- Costarred with Faith Ford as sisters in the comedy Hope & Faith.
- Kelly Ripa Relationships:
- Esther Ripa - Mother
- Joaquin Consuelos - Son
- Lola Grace Consuelos - Daughter
- Michael Joseph Consuelos - Son
- Mark Consuelos - Husband
- Joseph Ripa - Father
- Linda Ripa - Sister
- Attended Camden Community College, Camden, NJ