- Actually provided piano accompaniment for his half-brother David Carradine's audition for Hair, but producers preferred him and gave him the role of Claude in the 1969 production; it was his stage debut.
- Made his TV debut on a 1971 episode of Bonanza.
- In 1972, he played the teenage incarnation of half-brother David's Caine character in TV's Kung Fu.
- Won Best Song Oscar for "I'm Easy," which he wrote and performed in Robert Altman's Nashville (1975).
- Also appeared in Altman's films McCabe and Mrs. Miller (1971) and Thieves Like Us (1974).
- He and siblings David and Robert appeared as the outlaw Younger brothers in 1980's The Long Riders.
- Played Will Rogers in the 1994 film Mrs. Parker and the Vicious Circle, and on Broadway in The Will Rogers Follies in 1991.
- Played Buffalo Bill Cody in Wild Bill (1995) and Wild Bill Hickok in HBO's Deadwood (2004).
- 1991, Tony — Actor (Musical): Nominee
- 1976, Golden Globe — Best Original Song - Motion Picture: Winner
- 1984, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Limited Series or Special: Nominee
- 2013, Tony — Actor (Featured Role--Musical): Nominee
- 1975, Oscar — Best Achievement in Music (Original Song): Winner
- Kansas Carradine — Niece
- John Carradine — Father
- David Carradine — Half Brother
- Sandra Will — Ex-wife
- Christopher Carradine — Brother
- Genevieve Winifred Richmond — Grandmother
- Shelley Plimpton — Ex-significant Other
- Martha Plimpton — Daughter
- Cade Richmond Carradine — Son
- Sonia Sorel — Mother
- Robert Carradine — Brother
- Michael Bowen Jr. — Half Brother
- Hayley DuMond — Wife
- Sorel Johannah Carradine — Daughter
- Bruce Carradine — Half Brother
- Ever Carradine — Niece
- Attended Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO
Season 2, Episode 17
- Birth Name: Keith Ian Carradine
- Birth Place: San Mateo, CA
- Birthday: August 8, 1949, Leo
- Profession: Actor, Singer-songwriter