- Was a high school cheerleader, gymnast, runner, National Honor Society member and newspaper writer.
- After watching her fill in for an absent news correspondent at the start of her career in 1980, a CNN executive said he never wanted to see her on the air again.
- While Deborah Norville was out on maternity leave, she sat in for her as co-anchor of NBC's Today Show, and officially replaced Norville in 1991.
- Launched the National Colorectal Cancer Research Alliance (NCCRA) to encourage preventive testing and new medical research after her husband died of colon cancer in 1998.
- Wrote a bestselling children's book, The Brand New Kid, in 2000.
- Named News Person of the Year by TV GUIDE in 2001. Other awards she has won include Daytime Emmys, an Associated Press Award and a National Headliner Award.
- Was the voice of the character Katie Current in the animated movie Shark Tale (2004).
- In 2006, she left the Today Show to anchor the CBS Evening News, becoming the first woman to solo anchor a weeknight network news broadcast.
- In 2009, won a Walter Cronkite Award for Special Achievement for National Impact on the 2008 Campaign.
- 2000, Peabody — None: Winner
- Elinor Couric — Mother
- John Molner — Husband
- Brooks Perlin — Ex-significant Other
- Clara Couric Batchelor — Sister
- Jeffrey Wadlow — Nephew
- John Paul (Jay) Monahan III — Husband (deceased)
- Caroline Couric Monahan — Daughter
- Emily Couric — Sister
- Elinor Tully Monahan — Daughter
- John M. Couric — Father
- John M. Couric Jr. — Brother
- University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia, United States (American Studies, 1979)
Trending TonightSee all »
- Usually ships in 1-2 business days Buy New: $9.95 (as of 7:32 PM UTC - more info)
By ABC NewsUsually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $14.95 (as of 7:32 PM UTC - more info)
By The 92nd Street YUsually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $9.95 (as of 7:32 PM UTC - more info)