- Appeared in The Dream Makers, a TV-movie directed by her father, Boris Sagal, but disliked the experience and decided to spend the rest of the 1970s focusing on her singing.
- Performed backup for a variety of singers, including Gene Simmons, Olivia Newton-John, Etta James and Tanya Tucker.
- Longest-running singing gig was with Bette Midler, as one of her Harlettes, for five years in the late 1970s.
- Garnered much attention from TV producers for an appearance in a Los Angeles stage production of The Beautiful Lady. That catapulted her acting career, beginning with the short-lived '80s sitcom Mary.
- Younger brother, Joey Sagal, appeared in a couple of episodes of Married...With Children.
- Appeared in the choir for the music video of "Voices that Care."
- Released her first album, Well, in 1995, writing or helping to write nearly all of the album's tracks; and her second album, Room, in 2004.
- Husband Kurt Sutter wrote the role of Gemma in Sons of Anarchy especially for her.
- Got her first tattoo at age 50.
- Performed four tracks on the soundtrack album Songs of Anarchy: Music from Sons of Anarchy Seasons 1-4, which was released in November 2011.
- 1992, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy: Nominee
- 1991, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy: Nominee
- 2011, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Drama: Winner
- 1993, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy: Nominee
- 1994, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy: Nominee
- Norman Lear — Godparent
- Esmé Louise Sutter — Daughter
- Freddie Beckmeyer — Ex-husband
- Kurt Sutter — Husband
- David Sagal — Brother
- Jackson James White — Son
- Sara Zwilling — Mother
- Sarah Grace White — Daughter
- Jack White — Ex-husband
- Joe Sagal — Brother
- Liz Sagal — Sister
- Marge Champion — Stepmother
- Boris Sagal — Father
- Jean Sagal — Sister
- Attended the California Institute of the Arts, Valencia, CA
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: Catherine Louise Sagal
- Birth Place: Hollywood, CA
- Birthday: January 19, 1954, Capricorn
- Profession: Actor, Singer, Musician, Lyricist
Trending TonightSee all »
The Pretty Little Liars star and creator recall their wildest -- and sometimes incredilbly uncomfortable -- encounters with fans