Kari Matchett was always a performer. Growing up in Alberta, Canada, she took singing and dancing lessons as a kid and at age 12 she became obsessed with S.E. Hinton's novels, especially The Outsiders. She loved the pure emotions revealed in the stories. When she learned that The Outsiders was going to be a movie, she realized acting was a great way to express the pent-up emotions she felt. Matchett pursued her newfound obsession and achieved fame in her native country long before crossing the U.S. border. Canadian audiences were first wowed by her in 1996 on the First Nations drama The Rez and later on the hockey-themed series Power Play and the Toronto-based police drama Blue Murder. In 2001, Matchett made her biggest U.S. splash on A&E's Nero Wolfe as part of its ensemble cast, although some viewers recalled her from the syndicated sci-fi series Gene Roddenberry's Earth: Final Conflict, in which she played Siobhan Beckett. She subsequently starred on three critically acclaimed but short-lived series (Wonderfalls; Invasion; Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip) and made extensive appearances on two well-established hits (ER; 24), as well as the TNT hospital drama Heartland. While Matchett's résumé does boast some big-screen credits, it's TV where she continues to shine, with memorable guest shots (Crash; Leverage; Miami Medical) and as a regular (Covert Affairs).
- Became a star in Canada by appearing on TV and in films, such as The Rez, Power Play, Cube 2: Hypercube, A Colder Kind of Death and Blue Murder.
- Won a 2001 Gemini Award for Best Performance by an Actress in a Guest Role for her appearance on Blue Murder and was subsequently invited to join the show as a regular cast member.
- Has appeared with Timothy Hutton in three projects: Nero Wolfe, 5ive Days to Midnight and Leverage.
- A sign in her hometown of Spalding, Saskatchewan, welcomes passing motorists to the birthplace of Kari Matchett.
- T.W. Peacocke — Husband (separated)
- Attended Red Deer College, Alberta, Canada; National Theatre School of Canada, Montreal, Canada; attended Moscow Theatre School, Russia
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Place: Spalding, Saskatchewan, Canada
- Birthday: March 25, 1970, Aries
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
Sterling K. Brown's story will blow your mind