After an auspicious film debut as a helpful geek in the 1999 sci-fi comedy Galaxy Quest
, Long came to prominence as an awkward adolescent on the dramedy Ed
. On the big screen, he popped up in teen-oriented fare (the Jeepers Creepers
horror flicks) and played boyfriend to two pop queens: Britney Spears in Crossroads
and Lindsay Lohan in Herbie: Fully Loaded
. But he also cracked up older audiences in Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story
, which prompted costar Vince Vaughn to cast the up-and-comer in 2006's The Break-Up
. Long has also tackled blockbusters, like 2007's Live Free or Die Hard,
and mature romantic comedy, including 2009's He's Just Not That Into You
, in which he costarred with on-again, off-again love interest Drew Barrymore.Justin Long Fast Facts:
- Performed with the Vassar College comedy group Laughingstock.
- Made big screen debut as a sci-fi geek in 1999's Galaxy Quest.
- Gave Britney Spears her first on-screen kiss in the 2002 film Crossroads.
- Known as the cool Mac in Apple computer ads.
- Made his Broadway debut in the play Seminar (2012) as a replacement for Hamish Linklater.
- Justin Long Relationships:
- Amanda Seyfried - Significant Other
- R. James Long - Father
- Damian Long - Brother
- Christian Long - Brother
- Wendy Long - Mother
- Drew Barrymore - Ex-significant Other
- Vassar College, Poughkeepsie, New York, United States (2000)