Philadelphia native and American Idol season one runner up Justin Guarini is one of TV Guide Network's resident American Idol experts, and brings a first-hand insider's perspective to his hosting responsibilities. Justin co-hosts TV Guide Network's weekly series Idol Tonight, the exclusive pre-show to American Idol, jam-packed with former Idol interviews, never-before-seen Idol footage and fan questions, all shot before a live audience at Television City Studios in Los Angeles. Justin also co-hosts Reality Chat: Idol Wrap, TV Guide Network's weekly in-studio talk show that dishes on the best and worst Idol moments from the current season.
In addition to his hosting duties for TV Guide Network, Justin returns as a weekly video blogger for Fancast, Comcast’s premiere online entertainment site. Each week, he shares his insights and analysis on the latest American Idol season and answers questions from fans. Justin currently stars in season three of CMT’s highest-rated original series Gone Country, alongside legendary artists such as Sheila E. and George Clinton. He also hosts a twenty-minute pre-show video recorded exclusively for the new American Idol Experience attraction at Walt Disney's Hollywood Studios in Orlando, Florida.
Since starring on American Idol, Guarini participated in the national Idols Live! tour and performed for sold out audiences across the country. Justin completed two studio albums including Justin Guarini produced by RCA Records and Clive Davis, and Stranger Things Have Happened, and is currently working on his third album. He also starred in the films From Justin to Kelly with Kelly Clarkson and Fast Girl with Mircea Monroe and Caroline Rhea.
Justin has made numerous appearances on popular television programs such as The Oprah Winfrey Show, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, Good Morning America, The Today Show, and the Teen Choice Awards. He has also appeared on the FOX Television comedy Run of The House and AMC's Film Fakers and has hosted web shows for ManiaTV, including U Pick 'Em, Too Short For Hollywood and Webcam Karaoke. Additionally, Justin has held concerts in the United States and in countries abroad including Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Japan.
Justin's formal music education began at the age of four with the Atlanta Boys Choir and continued with the Philadelphia Arch-Diocese Choir. After concentrating on his classical and spiritual music background, he went on to study vocal performance, dance, theatrical arts, and film and television acting at The University of The Arts in Philadelphia.
A strong believer in music education, Justin has lobbied on Capitol Hill on behalf of The International Music Products Association, which seeks to curb the slashing of music education, and has spoken before the NAACP regarding the importance of music in schools.Justin Guarini Fast Facts:
- Began performing with the Atlanta Boy Choir at age 4 and later sang with the Archdiocesan Boy Choir of Philadelphia.
- Performed with the a capella group Midnight Voices in high school.
- Lettered in track and volleyball in high school.
- His father is a first cousin of Samuel L. Jackson's wife, LaTanya Richardson.
- His mother was once a CNN anchor.
- Prior to competing on American Idol, he sold burglar alarms door to door for ADT.
- Was runner-up to Kelly Clarkson on the first season of Idol.
- In June 2003, released his self-titled debut album and made his first big-screen appearance in From Justin to Kelly.
- Justin Guarini Relationships:
- Kathy Pepino - Mother
- Asher Guarini - Son
- Jerry Guraini - Stepfather
- Reina Capodici - Wife
- Lola - Stepdaughter
- Eldrin Bell - Father
- William Neko Bell Guarini - Son
- Attended University of the Arts, Philadelphia, PA; attended School for Film and Television, New York, NY