- Enjoyed jumping over sidewalk fire hydrants while growing up in New York, leading to his start in track-and-field as a hurdler.
- Won gold at the 2004 Olympics in Athens in the 100m, as well as a silver in the 4x100m relay and a bronze in the 200m.
- Took home a 100m-200m double gold at the 2005 World Championships.
- Banned from competition for four years in 2006 following a positive drug test after a meet in Kansas. Gatlin's then-world-record-tying 9.77 100m, run in Qatar a month after the positive test, was nullified.
- Aspired to play in the NFL during his ban, working out for the Texans, Buccaneers and Titans. No team signed him.
- Appeared on Spike TV's Pros vs. Joes.
- Suffered frostbite on both feet leading up to 2011 World Championships after wearing wet socks into a cryogenic chamber.
- Came in third, behind Jamaica's Usain Bolt and Yohan Blake, in the 100m at the 2012 Olympics in London.
- Won silver in both the 100m and 200m at the 2015 World Championships.
- Won silver in the 100m, behind Bolt, at the 2016 Olympics in Rio.
- Jeanette Gatlin — Mother
- Nikki Gatlin — Sister
- Terry Gatlin — Sister
- Willie Gatlin — Father
- Bobby Gatlin — Brother
- Attended University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee, United States; attended St. Augustine's College, Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
- Birth Name: Justin Gatlin
- Birth Place: Brooklyn, New York, United States
- Birthday: February 10, 1982, Aquarius
- Profession: Track sprinter
Trending TonightSee all »
Everyone's most recent TV obsession was the hot topic on the Emmys red carpet