- Studied at the Cleveland Play House and the HB Studio in New York.
- Made her Broadway debut as a replacement in Gypsy, opposite Ethel Merman, in 1960.
- Her late husband, Charles Kakatsakis, was an acting coach.
- First worked with Alexander Payne on his film About Schmidt (2002) before landing her breakout role in Nebraska (2013).
- 2014, Critics' Choice Movie Awards — Best Supporting Actress: Nominee
- 2013, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role: Nominee
- 2014, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- 2014, Independent Spirit Awards — Best Supporting Female: Nominee
- 2013, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role: Nominee
- JoyBelle Squibb — Mother
- Harry Kakatsakis — Son
- Charles Kakatsakis — Husband (deceased)
- Lewis Squibb — Father
- Birth Name: June Louise Squibb
- Birth Place: Vandalia, Illinois, United States
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
Once Upon a Time, Doctor Who and more