June Carter Cash Celebrity Watchlist
- Began her music career as a member of the famed Carter Family singing group, which included her mother and sisters.
- Not as strong a singer as her sisters, she would entertain the audience by performing comedy sketches.
- Studied acting with Lee Strasburg and made her TV acting debut in Gunsmoke.
- Was introduced to future husband Johnny Cash by Elvis Presley. Cash introduced himself by saying "Hello, I'm Johnny Cash and I'm going to marry you someday"; 12 years later, he did.
- Cowrote "Ring of Fire," which was originally recorded by her sister Anita, and ultimately became a Top 10 hit for Johnny Cash in 1963.
- Won two Grammy awards with Cash and three as a solo artist.
- Is the godmother of country musician Hank Williams Jr.
- Wrote two autobiographies, Among My Klediments (1979) and From My Heart (1987).
- 2003, Grammy — Best Traditional Folk Album: Winner
- 1967, Grammy — Best Country & Western Performance Duet, Trio or Group (Vocal or Instrumental): Winner
- 1970, Grammy — Best Country Vocal Performance by a Duo or Group: Winner
- 1999, Grammy — Best Traditional Folk Album: Winner
- 2003, Grammy — Best Female Country Vocal Performance: Winner
- Johnny Cash — Husband (deceased)
- John Carter Cash — Son
- Ina Anita Carter — Sister
- Maybelle Carter — Mother
- Helen Carter — Sister
- Rosanne Cash — Stepdaughter
- Hank Williams Jr. — Godchild
- Cindy Cash — Stepdaughter
- Tara Cash — Stepdaughter
- Carl Smith — Ex-husband
- Ezra Carter — Father
- Carlene Carter — Daughter
- Kathy Cash — Stepdaughter
- Rosey Nix Adams — Daughter
- Edwin "Rip" Nix — Ex-husband
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage
- 6. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia
- 7. The Blacklist: The Longevity Initiative