- Trained at the American Conservatory Theater in San Francisco.
- Got her big break when Lily Tomlin saw her perfom at a club and cast her in the 1981 film The Incredible Shrinking Woman.
- Worked at MTV at the same time as veejay "Downtown" Julie Brown and adopted the name "West Coast" Julie Brown to avoid confusion.
- Cast then-unknown comics Jim Carrey and Damon Wayans in her 1989 film Earth Girls are Easy.
- Won a Writers Guild of America award for her 1992 Showtime special, Medusa: Dare to Be Truthful.
- Paul Brown — Brother
- Penn Jillette — Ex-significant Other
- Terrence E. McNally — Ex-husband
- Leonard Francis Brown — Father
- Celia Jane Brown — Mother
- Kenneth Rathjen — Husband
- Attended Los Angeles Valley College, Van Nuys, CA
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: Julie Ann Brown
- Birth Place: Van Nuys, CA
- Birthday: August 31, 1962, Virgo
- Profession: Actor, Comedian, Songwriter
Trending TonightSee all »
Sullivan Stapleton really, really likes a CBS sitcom.