Julian McMahon has lived a most charmed life. The son of a former Australian prime minister, McMahon initially studied law in college but then he put his penetrating blue eyes and chiseled chin to work as a model and was quickly in-demand throughout Europe. Steady work on an Australian serial followed, and he segued that success into a brief stint on the NBC soap Another World. He jumped to primetime in 1996 as a detective on Profiler and then in 2000 as a bad-boy demon on Charmed. But his role as immoral plastic surgeon Christian Troy on Nip/Tuck is what landed him in celebrity magazines and ignited his career. A bit of a lothario in real life, his marriages to singer Dannii Minogue and Baywatch beauty Brooke Burns both ended in divorce, and his relationship with Charmed costar Shannon Doherty fizzled. But while relationships soured, McMahon's career soared. Nip/Tuck led to feature film roles as Doctor Doom in Fantastic Four and its inevitable sequel, and as Sandra Bullock's imperiled husband in 2007's Premonition. Known for steaming up the screen on Nip/Tuck, McMahon boasts that he has appeared in more sex scenes than anyone on TV.
- His father, Sir William McMahon, was the former prime minister of Australia.
- Studied law at the University of Sydney for a year before beginning a modeling career.
- Won an Australian magazine's award for best actor for his role in the popular drama Home and Away (he dated and married costar Dannii Minogue).
- Rocketed to stardom in 2003 on Nip/Tuck.
- Named one of TV's Sexiest Men by TV GUIDE in 2005.
- Appeared as Dr. Frank-N-Furter in a 35th anniversary stage performance of The Rocky Horror Picture Show which benefited The Painted Turtle.
- 2005, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Drama: Nominee
- 2007, Australian Film Institute Awards — International Award for Best Actor: Nominee
- Deborah McMahon — Sister
- Brooke Burns — Ex-wife
- Melinda McMahon — Sister
- William McMahon — Father
- Dannii Minogue — Ex-wife
- Madison Elizabeth McMahon — Daughter
- Sonia McMahon — Mother
- Kelly Paniagua — Significant Other
- Attended University of Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia; attended University of Wollongong, Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia
- Birth Name: Julian Dana William McMahon
- Birth Place: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Profession: Actor