Judd Nelson Celebrity Watchlist
- His mother was a former member of the Maine State Legislature.
- Acted with the Shoestring Shakespeare Company.
- Left Haverford College during his sophomore year to move to New York City, where he studied acting under the tutelage of famed instructor Stella Adler.
- Star-making role came in 1985 in John Hughes' popular coming-of-age flick The Breakfast Club.
- Was one of the members of a group of young performers during the '80s called the Brat Pack, including Demi Moore, Andrew McCarthy, Molly Ringwald, Ally Sheedy, Emilio Estevez and Rob Lowe.
- Garnered positive reviews for his role as cynical Alec Newbary in 1985's St. Elmo's Fire.
- Made screenwriting debut with 1994's Every Breath, in which he also starred.
- In 1996, was cast as Brooke Shields' sports-obsessed editor Jack Richmond in the NBC sitcom Suddenly Susan.
- 1988, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television: Nominee
- Eve Nelson — Sister
- Julie Nelson Forsyth — Sister
- Kelly Stafford — Ex-significant Other
- Leonard Nelson — Father
- Merle Nelson — Mother
- Attended Haverford College, Haverford, PA
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage
- 6. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia
- 7. The Blacklist: The Longevity Initiative