- Is an only child and is the mother of an only child.
- Taught high-school English at Lindenhurst High School in Lindenhurst, NY.
- Was once a receptionist for Good Morning America.
- Has published several humor books, including Joy Shtick: Or What Is the Existential Vacuum and Does It Come With Attachments? (1999); and a compilation of essays titled When You Need a Lift But Don't Want to Eat Chocolate, Pay a Shrink, or Drink a Bottle of Gin (2007).
- Launched a monthly advice column in Good Housekeeping magazine in 2001.
- Authored the children's books Sheetzucacapoopoo: My Kind of Dog (2006) and Sheetzucacapoopoo: Max Goes to the Dogs (2009).
- After filling in for Larry King several times on CNN, she was offered her own talk show on the network's sister station, HLN. The Joy Behar Show debuted in 2009.
- Shared the 2009 Daytime Emmy for Outstanding Talk Show Host with her cohosts on The View.
- In October 2010, made headlines for walking off the set of The View (along with cohost Whoopi Goldberg) during a heated discussion with guest Bill O'Reilly about proposed mosques being built at Ground Zero.
- Was a judge for the 2011 Miss America Pageant.
- Gino Occhiuto — Father
- Joe Behar — Ex-husband
- Steven Janowitz — Husband
- Eve Behar Scotti — Daughter
- Rose Occhiuto — Mother
- City University of New York, Queens College, Queens, New York, United States (BA in Sociology, 1964); Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, New York, United States (MA in English Education, 1966)
- Birth Name: Josephina Victoria Occhiuto
- Birth Place: Brooklyn, New York, United States
- Profession: TV host, Comedian, Actor, Radio host
Trending TonightSee all »
New year calls for a clean slate