- Family moved to Los Angeles soon after he was born, but returned to Vancouver when he was 8.
- First screen appearance was as an infant in the George C. Scott horror flick The Changeling, on which his mother was a second-unit director.
- Decided to become an actor at age 11; his mom tried to discourage his acting ambitions by taking him to an audition for a Keebler potato chips commercial but he landed the part.
- Came to fame playing a young hockey player in 1992's The Mighty Ducks and its two sequels.
- Won a Teen Choice Award for TV three years in a row (1999-2001) for his portrayal of Pacey Witter on Dawson's Creek.
- Made his stage debut opposite Patrick Stewart in a 2005 London production of David Mamet's A Life in the Theater.
- Returned to TV in 2008 to star in the sci-fi series Fringe.
- 2006, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- 2009, Genie Awards — Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role: Winner
- Brittany Daniel — Ex-significant Other
- Lyman Jackson — Half Brother
- Aisleagh Jackson — Sister
- Diane Kruger — Significant Other
- Jonathan Jackson — Half Brother
- Fiona Jackson — Mother
- John Jackson — Father
- Katie Holmes — Ex-significant Other
- Birth Name: Joshua Carter Jackson
- Birth Place: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Birthday: June 11, 1978, Gemini
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
Joshua Jackson talks about Season 2's extra perspectives