- Was inspired to create The O.C. while attending film school at the University of Southern California, where he first experienced the affluent Orange County culture portrayed on the show.
- Dropped out of USC after he sold his first feature script, Providence, for $500,000, which was ultimately never produced.
- Became the youngest person to ever create and produce a drama for network television at the age of 26.
- Met his wife through The O.C. star Rachel Bilson.
- During the 2008-09 television season, his shows Chuck and Gossip Girls aired opposite each other in the same time slot on two different networks.
- Joined forces with one of his creative partners, Stephanie Savage, to launch the production company Fake Empire.
- Katie — Sister
- Jill Stonerock — Wife
- Steve Schwartz — Father
- Honey Schwartz — Mother
- Dan Schwartz — Brother
- Attended University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: Joshua Ian Schwartz
- Birth Place: Providence, RI
- Profession: Writer, Creator, Producer
Trending TonightSee all »
We went to Puppy Bowl XIII to speak to the puppies directly about the allegations of certain players illegally eating adult dog food instead of puppy food, the dirtiest fouls to ever stink up the field and so much more
By "Charlie Rose, Inc."Buy New: $24.95