- Was inspired to create The O.C. while attending film school at the University of Southern California, where he first experienced the affluent Orange County culture portrayed on the show.
- Dropped out of USC after he sold his first feature script, Providence, for $500,000, which was ultimately never produced.
- Became the youngest person to ever create and produce a drama for network television at the age of 26.
- Met his wife through The O.C. star Rachel Bilson.
- During the 2008-09 television season, his shows Chuck and Gossip Girls aired opposite each other in the same time slot on two different networks.
- Joined forces with one of his creative partners, Stephanie Savage, to launch the production company Fake Empire.
- Steve Schwartz — Father
- Honey Schwartz — Mother
- Dan Schwartz — Brother
- Jill Stonerock — Wife
- Katie — Sister
- Attended University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
- Birth Name: Joshua Ian Schwartz
- Birth Place: Providence, RI
- Profession: Writer, Creator, Producer
Trending TonightSee all »
Carl might be on his way to the Big Pudding Can in the Sky
By "Charlie Rose, Inc."Buy New: $24.95