This Kenyon College product earned his MFA in acting from NYU, and after a few small-screen and stage parts, Radnor stepped into Jason Biggs' shoes to make his Broadway debut in 2002 as Benjamin Braddock in The Graduate
, opposite Kathleen Turner and Alicia Silverstone. The role jump-started his career, and he landed a number of TV guest appearances before winning attention as a lovelorn bachelor on the romantic sitcom How I Met Your Mother
. A versatile performer, he wrote, directed and starred in the comedy Happythankyoumoreplease
(2010), a well-received filmmaking debut that won the Audience Award and was nominated for the Grand Jury Prize at the Sundance Film Festival.Josh Radnor Fast Facts:
- Almost by accident, became interested in acting in high school when he provided moral support for a friend who was auditioning for Oklahoma!
- While attending Kenyon College, he won the Paul Newman Trophy (Newman also attended Kenyon) for his performance in the play Sight Unseen.
- Writes short stories.
- Josh Radnor Relationships:
- Joanna Radnor - Sister
- Alan Radnor - Father
- Carol Radnor - Mother
- Lindsay Price - Ex-significant Other
- Josh Radnor Awards:
- 2010 Sundance Film Festival: Audience Award: Dramatic - Winner
- Kenyon College, Gambier, OH (BA in Drama, 1996); New York University, Tisch School of the Arts, New York, NY (MFA in Acting, 1999)