Like many of his fellow Lost costars, this former model had only a handful of movie and TV credits on his résumé when ABC's über-popular survivor drama catapulted him to fame, but he almost left acting to become a real-estate agent right before landing the part of "James 'Sawyer' Ford." Holloway's bad-boy character became an instant favorite with audiences, and his scruffy good looks earned him a spot on People's 50 Most Beautiful People list in 2005 and another stab at modeling as the face of Davidoff's Cool Water fragrance in 2007. Off screen, this small-town boy is an avid outdoorsman who enjoys fishing, sailing, camping and snowboarding.
- The second of four brothers, he grew up in a trailer in Georgia's Blue Ridge Mountains, and his first job was picking up dead chickens on a farm.
- Played a purse snatcher in the 1994 video "Cryin'" by Aerosmith.
- Guest roles included Angel; Walker, Texas Ranger; CSI; and NCIS. Also costarred in the 2002 Sci-Fi Channel movie Sabretooth before being cast in Lost.
- Proposed to wife Yessica Kumala while filming the Lost pilot in March 2004.
- Made news in October 2005 when he and Kumala were robbed at gunpoint in their Honolulu-area home. The thief took credit cards and the couple's Mercedes-Benz, which was recovered later the day of the robbery.
- 2005, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Winner
- Yessica Kumala — Wife
- Hunter Lee Holloway — Son
- Java Kumala Holloway — Daughter
- Sam Holloway — Brother
- Ben Holloway — Brother
- Brad Holloway — Brother
- Attended University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia, United States
- Birth Name: Joshua Lee Holloway
- Birth Place: San Jose, California, United States
- Birthday: July 20, 1969, Cancer
- Profession: Actor, Model
Trending TonightSee all »