- Won the National Forensics League National Tournament Championship in Humorous Interpretation and Original Oratory while in high school.
- Went to high school with actor Seth Gabel, and is godfather to Gabel's son with Bryce Dallas Howard.
- Was one of the founding members of the Lost Nomads comedy troupe.
- Appeared in the 2002 Christian-themed direct-to-video feature Mary and Joe.
- Played William Barfee, owner of the magic foot, in the Tony Award-winning Broadway musical 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee.
- Followed a friend around a news station in Miami to prepare for his role as a news director on Back to You.
- Gained fame as Elder Cunningham in the hit Broadway show The Book of Mormon, although his first instinct had been to turn it down.
- 2011, Tony — Actor (Musical): Nominee
- 2011, Grammy — Best Musical Theater Album: Winner
- Ida Darvish — Wife
- Isabella Eve Gad — Daughter
- Ava Gad — Daughter
- Theo Gabel — Godchild
- Carnegie Mellon University, School of Drama, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States (BFA in Drama, 2003); The Groundlings School of Improvisation, Los Angeles, California, United States
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage
- 6. American Idol: Top 9 Perform
- 7. Neighbors With Benefits: Welcome To The Neighborhood