- Moved 14 times during his childhood.
- Third cousin is famed British explorer Sir Ranulph Fiennes.
- Attended art school and considered a career as a painter.
- Prefers stage acting and turned down a multi-picture deal after the success of 1998's Shakespeare in Love to return to the theater.
- Involved in several charities, including the Prince's Trust, for which he is an ambassador.
- Was cast in his first TV series in 2009, the short-lived FlashForward.
- Welcomed his first child, a girl, with wife Maria Dolores Dieguez, on March 8, 2010.
- 1998, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Winner
- 1999, Critics' Choice Awards — Breakthrough Performer: Winner
- 1998, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Leading Role: Nominee
- 1999, BAFTA Film Awards — Best Actor in a Leading Role: Nominee
- Jini Fiennes — Mother
- Magnus Fiennes — Brother
- Ralph Fiennes — Brother
- Catherine McCormack — Ex-significant Other
- Martha Fiennes — Sister
- Hero Fiennes Tiffin — Nephew
- Michael Emery — Brother
- Sophie Fiennes — Sister
- Jacob Fiennes — Brother
- Maria Dolores Dieguez — Wife
- Mark Fiennes — Father
- Sara Griffiths — Ex-significant Other
- Guildhall School of Music & Drama, London, England (1993)
- Birth Name: Joseph Alberic Fiennes
- Birth Place: Salisbury, Wiltshire, England
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
Yvonne Strahovski discusses the show's look