The daughter of former NFL player Phillippi Sparks, Jordin pursued performing from an early age, competing on America's Most Talented Kids
, releasing an album at age 13 and earning a multitude of accolades. Sparks' American Idol
journey began in her home state, when she won a local Fox-affiliate-sponsored contest called Arizona Idol
, which paid her way to the Seattle auditions. The 17-year-old did not disappoint, wowing judges and viewers alike with her vocal maturity. After winning Idol
's sixth season, the multitasking---and very busy---performer embarked on a successful singing career, launched a clothing line called Sparks, introduced the fragrance Because of You, and made her Broadway debut in 2010, appearing in the musical In the Heights
.Jordin Sparks Fast Facts:
- Was named the Coca Cola Rising Star at the Arizona State Fair in 2002.
- Performed in high-school productions of A Christmas Carol and Footloose.
- Sang at the memorial service for Pat Tillman, the former Arizona Cardinals player who was killed in action in Afghanistan.
- Sang the national anthem at the Arizona Cardinals' home opener in September 2006.
- Won a local Fox-affiliate-sponsored contest called Arizona Idol, which sent her to the American Idol auditions in Seattle as the prize.
- Winner of Season 6 of American Idol (2007); runner-up was Blake Lewis.
- Jordin Sparks Relationships:
- Phillippi Sparks - Father
- Jodi Sparks - Mother
- Jason Derulo - Significant Other
- Phillippi `P.J.' Sparks Jr. - Brother
- Jordin Sparks Awards:
- 2009 People's Choice Awards: Favorite Combined Forces - Winner