- Expelled from school for truancy.
- Discovered at 16 by a casting agent who met him in a pool hall in Cork, Ireland.
- First acting job was in a soup commercial.
- Was the face of Versace men's collection and Hugo Boss' men's fragrance collection.
- Sang on-screen in films like Velvet Goldmine (1998) and August Rush (2007).
- Became a celebrity ambassador for the Hope Foundation in 2008.
- 2005, Emmy — Outstanding Lead Actor in a Miniseries or a Movie: Nominee
- 2006, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television: Winner
- 2009, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Drama: Nominee
- 2008, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Drama: Nominee
- Reena Hammer — Ex-significant Other
- Mara Lane — Significant Other
- John O'Keeffe — Father
- Paul O'Keeffe — Brother
- Alan O'Keeffe — Brother
- Jamie O'Keeffe — Brother
- Wolf Rhys Meyers — Son
- Geraldine Myers — Mother
- Birth Name: Jonathan Michael Francis O'Keefe
- Birth Place: Dublin, Ireland
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
What happens with old timey-sailors get a hold of 21st century porn?