- Mother is Methodist and a physical-education teacher; father is a Mennonite and a harness-racing driver and trainer. His paternal grandfather was a Mennonite preacher.
- Was accepted to Carnegie Mellon University but instead played Rolf in a touring company of The Sound of Music.
- Played Melchior Gabor in the original off-Broadway production of Spring Awakening, and then again on Broadway.
- Is openly gay; while playing a heterosexual character on Glee, found himself in the middle of a controversy when a 2010 Newsweek article stated that gay actors are often not convincing playing straight roles.
- Taught a Children's Musical Theater Master Class in acting and song interpretation.
- Has performed in a one-man cabaret act.
- 2007, Tony — Actor (Musical): Nominee
- James Groff — Father
- Zachary Quinto — Ex-significant Other
- David Groff — Brother
- Julie Groff — Mother
Season 3, Episode 6
- Birth Name: Jonathan Drew Groff
- Birth Place: Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
- Birthday: March 26, 1985, Aries
- Profession: Actor, Singer-songwriter
- User Rating:
- Your Rating: