- Served in the Royal Canadian Navy during World War II.
- Spent his early career performing in regional theater, including the American Shakespeare Festival in Stratford, CT (where he appeared alongside Katharine Hepburn in Much Ado About Nothing).
- Was an actor-in-residence for Penn State University in 1965.
- Originally expected his role as vampire Barnabas Collins on Dark Shadows to last for only a few weeks; however, both the character and the show became hits, spawning bubblegum cards, books, board games and a 1970 theatrical film.
- At the height of his popularity, he received nearly 6,000 fan letters a week.
- In 1993, directed a production of The Lion in Winter at the Georgia College Theater in Milledgeville, GA.
- Continued to attend Dark Shadows conventions in the 2000s.
- McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada (1948); attended the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, London, England; Yale University, School of Drama, New Haven, CT (MFA in Directing, 1957)
Trending TonightSee all »
By lulu.comUsually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $26.99 (as of 10:23 AM UTC - more info)
By iUniverse, Inc.Usually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $15.67 (as of 10:23 AM UTC - more info)