Despite his Jackass roots, this goofy but good-looking daredevil is a shrewd talent who earned straight A's in high school and then a scholarship to the American Academy of Dramatic Arts in Pasadena, California. However, the traditional route to showbiz didn't appeal to this Tennessee native, and he soon ditched acting school. A prankster since childhood, Knoxville (who took his stage name from his hometown) pitched an idea for a stunt column to the skating magazine Big Brother. But instead of recording his crazy and disgusting antics in words, he filmed himself and his friends, and the resulting video became a cult hit, leading to his career-making series Jackass in 2000. But Knoxville was far from a one-trick pony. Not only did he spin off Jackass into two movies, he landed a handful of plum supporting roles (Men in Black II, The Dukes of Hazzard). In 2005, he graduated to leading man in the Special Olympics comedy The Ringer. Since then, Knoxville has continued to be a part of the extreme-reality craze: in 2010, he signed on as an executive producer for Dudesons in America, an MTV series about four Finnish friends who perform insane stunts while journeying through the United States. Off screen, Knoxville is a huge fan of Johnny Cash and owns a cabin that once belonged to the Man in Black.
- Already a prankster at age 13, changed his report card — from straight A's to failing grades — to trick his parents.
- Played baseball and football in high school.
- Friends and family call him "P.J."
- After a video of his nutty stunts became an underground hit in the mid-90s, he was reportedly the object of a bidding war between Comedy Central and MTV and offered a spot on Saturday Night Live (which he turned down).
- Had his daughter Madison's name tattooed over his heart.
- Was knocked unconscious three times during the filming of Jackass: The Movie (2002).
- Purchased a cabin once owned by Johnny Cash.
- Rocko Akira Clapp — Son
- Melanie Clapp — Ex-wife
- Lemoyne Clapp — Mother
- Madison Clapp — Daughter
- Phil Clapp — Father
- Naomi Nelson — Wife
- Arlo Clapp — Daughter
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: Phillip John Clapp
- Birth Place: Knoxville, TN
- Profession: TV host, Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
Supernatural's biggest stars are apparently too famous to remember Richard Speight Jr and Rob Benedict.