John Stossel Celebrity Watchlist
- First job after college was as a news researcher at KGW-TV in Portland, OR.
- Worked as a consumer reporter at WCBS-TV in New York before joining ABC in 1981, serving as a consumer reporter for Good Morning America and 20/20.
- Was struck by pro wrestler David Schultz during a 1984 20/20 interview after Stossel asked if pro wrestling was fake.
- Was promoted to co-anchor of 20/20 in 2003; left ABC in 2009 to join Fox News.
- Is the author of a 2004 autobiography, Give Me a Break, as well as Myths, Lies and Downright Stupidity (2006).
- In addition to numerous Emmys, has won George Polk and Peabody awards, as well as several National Press Club awards.
- Overcame stuttering early in his career and is an active supporter of the Stuttering Foundation of America.
- Ellen Abrams — Wife
- Thomas P. Stossel — Brother
- Max Stossel — Son
- Lauren Stossel — Daughter
- Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey, United States (BA in Psychology, 1969)
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage
- 6. American Idol: Top 9 Perform
- 7. Neighbors With Benefits: Welcome To The Neighborhood