With his distinguished looks and wry persona, O'Hurley was a ubiquitous sitcom guest star in the '90s, appearing on countless shows, notably Seinfeld as Elaine's cheerfully clueless boss. After graduating from college with a B.A. in theater, the dashing actor honed his craft on stage before embarking on a successful soap-opera career, but his flair for comedy landed him in prime time. Due to his high-profile Seinfeld role and quick wit, he became a sought-after host and commercial pitchman, and also lent his distinctive timbre to animated series and radio. In 2005 O'Hurley was a contestant on the first edition of Dancing with the Stars. The favorite to win, he lost to General Hospital's Kelly Monaco. The decision was so controversial that the two ended up with their own dance-off special, which O'Hurley won. In 2006, he took over as the fifth host of Family Feud, a position he held until 2010. Aside from acting work, O'Hurley has enjoyed success in music. He is a self-taught pianist and a classically trained singer, and has appeared onstage in professional productions of Chicago (as Billy Flynn) and Spamalot (as King Arthur).
- As a child, would don a bathing suit, a pretend oxygen tank and goggles to watch his favorite TV show--Sea Hunt.
- Pursued a career in public relations after college. Motivated by the death of his best friend in 1979, moved to New York to pursue acting--and scored his first job (in an off-Broadway play) two days later.
- An avid golfer, he has a single-digit handicap and plays on the Celebrity Players Tour; proposed to wife Lisa Mesloh, a Golf Channel exec, in October 2003 on the seventh hole at Pebble Beach.
- Credited partner Charlotte Jorgensen for their success in the first season of Dancing with the Stars.
- Released Peace of Our Minds, a 2005 two-CD set of his piano compositions that also feature cellist Marston Smith.
- Published his first book, It's Okay to Miss the Bed on the First Jump, in 2006.
- Carol O'Hurley — Sister
- Lisa Mesloh — Wife
- Eva La Rue — Ex-wife
- Jean O'Hurley — Mother
- John O'Hurley — Father
- William Dylan O'Hurley — Son
- Providence College, Providence, Rhode Island, United States (BA in Theatre, 1976)