- Mother was of Mexican descent; speaks fluent Spanish.
- Joined the U.S. Navy in 1952 and served as an air intelligence officer in Korea.
- Was the president of the Screen Actors Guild from 1971 to '73.
- Friend Ronald Reagan appointed him to be the U.S. Ambassador to Mexico from 1981 to '86.
- Became president of Univisa Satellite Communications in 1986.
- 1959, Golden Globe — New Star of the Year - Actor: Winner
- Maureen McGrath — Stepdaughter
- Maria Gavin — Daughter
- Delia Diana Pablos — Mother
- Herald Ray Golenor — Father
- Michael McGrath — Stepson
- Cecily Evans — Ex-wife
- Christina Gavin — Daughter
- Constance Towers — Wife
- Stanford University, Stanford, California, United States (1952)
- Birth Name: John Anthony Golenor
- Birth Place: Los Angeles, California, United States
- Profession: Actor, Diplomat
Trending TonightSee all »
The Amazing Race returns