- Inspired by his enjoyment of the film Ghostbusters to take up entertainment as a career.
- Made off-Broadway debut at age 15 in David Marshall Grant's Current Events at the Manhattan Theatre Club; and his Broadway debut in 2006 in Rabbit Hole, David Lindsay-Abaire's Pulitzer Prize-winning drama.
- Tony Award-winning performance for Spring Awakening (2006) also earned a nomination for the Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Actor in a Musical.
- Also a musician, he played in several bands while growing up in Delaware, including Old Springs Pike, and his solo performances have featured his folk-musician parents as an opening act.
- Other stage work includes Broadway productions of American Idiot (2010) and Jerusalem (2011).
- 2007, Tony — Actor (Featured Role--Musical): Winner
- June Gallagher — Mother
- John Gallagher Sr. — Father
- Birth Name: John Howard Gallagher Jr.
- Birth Place: Wilmington, Delaware, United States
- Profession: Actor, Musician
Trending TonightSee all »
Not the White House Correspondents' Dinner, American Gods and more