Long before the mega-popular boy band *NSYNC put his winsome mug on hordes of magazine covers, Brooklyn-born Joey Fatone had music on his mind. While still in high school, the cheerful baritone and three pals formed the Big Guys, an a cappella group that once serenaded Miss Florida on the TV series Teen Talk. He met future band mate Chris Kirkpatrick while performing in Universal Studios Florida’s "Beetlejuice's Graveyard Revue.” The two theme-park performers linked up with handsome crooners J.C. Chavez and Justin Timberlake, and before long their 1998 self-titled debut was paving the way for them to become one of the biggest-selling music acts of its time. In the years since the group’s final tour in 2002, Fatone has not rested on his laurels. He’s transferred his talents to the silver screen, appearing in the 2002 hit My Big Fat Greek Wedding and the acclaimed 2003 film The Cooler. He debuted on Broadway in the Pulitzer Prize-winning Rent, and later stretched his vocal chords as a lead in a revival of Little Shop of Horrors. He also acquired a new generation of cooing fans, cha-chaing his way into a second-place finish on the 2007 edition of ABC’s Dancing with the Stars. His success on the dance floor led NBC to hire the personable songster as the host for their karaoke game show Singing Bee. For a time, he also performed red-carpet duties for the TV GUIDE Channel alongside Lisa Rinna. Off-screen, his personal life has been equally blessed. He married his high-school sweetheart, Kelly Baldwin, in 2004; their daughter Brianna served as flower girl.
- His dad, Joe Sr., sang with the Orions, a Brooklyn doo-wop group.
- His family moved to Florida when he was 13; he landed a job as the Wolfman in a Universal Studios' theme park musical production not long after.
- During high school, he sang in a group known as the Big Guys.
- Met Chris Kirkpatrick at Universal Studios; Kirkpatrick recruited him for a group that he was putting together, which became *NSYNC.
- First lead role in a feature film was with fellow *NSYNC bandmate Lance Bass in the 2001 romantic comedy On the Line.
- His and wife Kelly Baldwin's wedding vows were based on a Helen Keller quote.
- Hadn't danced in five years prior to joining Dancing with the Stars for its fourth season.
- 2002, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- Steven Fatone — Brother
- Kelly Baldwin — Wife
- Briahna — Daughter
- Joe Fatone — Father
- Phyllis Fatone — Mother
- Janine Fatone — Sister
- Kloey Alexandra Fatone — Daughter
- Birth Name: Joseph Anthony Fatone Jr.
- Birth Place: Brooklyn, NY
- Birthday: January 28, 1977, Aquarius
- Profession: Singer, Actor