The daughter of crooners Eddie Fisher and Connie Stevens, this loopy player made her film debut in the now-forgotten comedy Pretty Smart opposite her sister, Tricia Leigh (who was nowhere near as famous as their half-sibling, Carrie). In the '90s, Fisher tackled a host of quirky guest spots and small big-screen parts before landing her breakout role as the self-centered buddy on Ellen DeGeneres' first eponymous sitcom. After the show ended, the attractive actress starred in a slew of short-lived sitcoms and low-rent TV-movies, and showed off her pedigree pipes on Broadway in a revival of Cabaret. But a recurring role on Desperate Housewives and her turn on 'Til Death as a miserably married mom marked her return to network prime time. Off screen, Fisher is involved in many children's and AIDS charities and is an ambassador for the Dream Foundation, which grants wishes to terminally ill adults.
- Performed overseas for the troops with Bob Hope and her mother, Connie Stevens, during the Persian Gulf War.
- Was Miss Golden Globe in 1992.
- Got her break playing the role of Ellen's best friend Paige Clark on Ellen.
- Made her Broadway debut in 1995 in Grease, replacing Brooke Shields as Rizzo.
- Gave birth to her daughter True Harlow at her Los Angeles home.
- Named a Celebrity Ambassador for the Dream Foundation, a wish granting organization for terminally ill adults.
- 1998, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Series, Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television: Nominee
- Colin Duddy — Stepson
- Eddie Fisher — Father
- True Harlow Fisher-Duddy — Daughter
- Skylar Grace Fisher-Duddy — Daughter
- Todd Fisher — Half Brother
- Tricia Leigh Fisher — Sister
- Olivia Luna Fisher-Duddy — Daughter
- Carrie Fisher — Half Sister
- Christopher Duddy — Husband
- Cameron Duddy — Stepson
- Connie Stevens — Mother
- Attended University of Paris, Paris, France; attended Emerson College, Boston, MA
- Birth Place: Burbank, CA
- Birthday: October 29, 1967, Scorpio
- Profession: Actor
- User Rating: