- Got started in show business as a DJ and dinner-theater performer.
- Joined the cast of Saturday Night Live in 1980, the first season in which no members of the original cast remained. Piscopo and fellow newcomer Eddie Murphy were the only cast members of the 1980 season to be kept on the show after Dick Ebersol took over as executive producer in 1981.
- Gained inspiration for his "You from Joisey?" SNL skit when a woman excitedly approached him—and asked that question—after seeing his car's New Jersey license plate.
- Appeared in Billy Joel's music video for "Keeping the Faith."
- Met his current wife, Kimberly, when she was babysitting his first child.
- Founded the Positive Impact Foundation, a nonprofit organization that creates positive media for at-risk youth.
- 1984, Emmy — Outstanding Individual Performance in a Variety or Music Program: Nominee
- 1984, Emmy — Outstanding Writing in a Variety or Music Program: Nominee
- Joey Piscopo — Son
- Kimberly Driscoll — Wife
- Michael Frances Joseph Piscopo — Son
- Joseph Piscopo — Father
- Olivia Assunta Piscopo — Daughter
- Alexandra Claudette Piscopo — Daughter
- Edith Piscopo — Mother
- Nancy Jones — Ex-wife
- Jones College, Jacksonville, FL (BA in Broadcasting, 1973)
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: Joseph Charles Piscopo
- Birth Place: Passaic, NJ
- Birthday: June 17, 1951, Gemini
- Profession: Actor, Comedian, Writer
Trending TonightSee all »
Grey's Anatomy is obviously a big influence on Tay Tay