- Founded the short-lived theater company Edge Theater with Mary-Louise Parker and Peter Hedges.
- Joined the New York theater group Circle Repertory Company in 1989.
- Joined the Naked Angels theater group in 1991.
- Has volunteered for the Gay Men's Health Crisis.
- Made his Broadway debut as Louis in Angels in America in 1993.
- Turned to directing Broadway shows in 1994, including the 1995 production of Love! Valour! Compassion! and the original production of Wicked in 2003.
- 2005, Tony — Director (Play): Nominee
- 2003, Tony — Director (Play): Winner
- 1993, Tony — Actor (Featured Role--Play): Nominee
- 2016, Tony — Director (Play): Nominee
- 1995, Tony — Director (Play): Nominee
- 2011, Tony — Actor (Play): Nominee
- 2014, Critics' Choice Television Awards — Best Supporting Actor in a Movie or Mini-Series: Nominee
- 2004, Tony — Director (Musical): Winner
- 2014, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Miniseries or a Movie: Nominee
- Jon Robin Baitz — Ex-significant Other
- University of North Carolina Scool of Arts, Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States (BFA in Acting, 1984)
- Birth Place: Rockford, Illinois, United States
- Birthday: December 27, 1962, Capricorn
- Profession: Director, Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
Grey's Anatomy is obviously a big influence on Tay Tay