- Raised near Reno, NV, where his parents owned a ranch.
- Had his first taste of the limelight at 14 when he starred as Stanley Kowalski in a school production of A Streetcar Named Desire.
- Spent his junior year of college in France.
- Some of his post-collegiate jobs included working as a White House advance man and as a magazine writer.
- Studied at the Neighborhood Playhouse in New York City.
- First TV series role was on the NBC drama Sisters.
- Had never seen an episode of Stargate SG-1 until he was cast for the pilot of the spin-off Stargate Atlantis.
- Developed the story for the Atlantis episode "Epiphany," in which his character is stuck on a planet where time speeds up.
- Works with Waterkeeper Alliance, an environmental organization that protects bodies of water from pollution.
- Raises his own honeybees and has an organic vegetable garden.
- Was a competitive skier for many years, and also enjoys rock climbing, mountain biking, skateboarding and surfing.
- John Flanigan — Father
- Katherine Kousi — Wife
- Truman Flanigan — Son
- Nancy Flanigan — Mother
- Aidan Flanigan — Son
- Fergus Flanigan — Son
- University of Colorado, Boulder, CO (BA in History)
- Birth Place: Los Angeles, CA
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
This is what The Walking Dead has to do to send us into the break the right way