- Father went bankrupt when she was ten, leading the family to lose all their possessions.
- Won a scholarship to the Elmhurst Ballet School at 13, but failed to get into the Royal Ballet School years later.
- Enrolled at the Webber Douglas Academy of Dramatic Art in the 1960's.
- Adopted the stage name David, taken from her mother's first name, Davida.
- Big break was the BBC's Sense and Sensibility in 1971, after which she worked prolifically in costume dramas.
- Married Edward Fox in 2004 after 33 years of living together.
- Is a patron of the Pancreatic Cancer Action charity.
- Is vice-president of the Theatrical Guild.
- Contracted Ménière's disease in 2008.
- Has been friends with Downton Abbey co-star Dame Maggie Smith for over four decades.
- Freddie Fox — Son
- Lucy — Stepdaughter
- Davida Elizabeth Nesbitt Hacking — Mother
- Edward Fox — Husband
- Emilia Fox — Daughter
- John Almond Hacking — Father
- Birth Name: Joanna Elizabeth Hacking
- Birth Place: Lancaster, England
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
The CW's Riverdale gang is a lot like these Dawson's Creek characters